Wow, its hard to believe its already March! After two months, I’m pretty happy with our progress towards our 2009 Goals. Here is where we are at now:
1. Increase Emergency Fund to $15,000 by March 1st
Progress: Done, February 2nd 🙂
2. Payoff Volvo
Progress: We made the first extra payment of $1,000 today. Yay!
3. Save $5,000 for replacement vehicle for our other car (its 15 years old)
Progress: None yet, we are prioritizing # 2 first
4. Invest in a retirement plan (IRA or 403(b) for my husband
Progress: None yet, he is not eligible to join at his employer until April
5. Move savings into higher interest account
Progress: Done! In February we moved our E-Fund to ING. The rate still isn’t great, but it is a lot better than what we had.
6. Explore taking property taxes and insurance out of mortgage company escrow
Progress: None yet, but I need to get working on this one.
Posting our goals on my blog is really helping me stay accountable. How is everyone else doing on their goals this year?